A free workshop on grantseeking for nonprofit organizations led by Kief Schladweiler, Coordinator of Cooperating Collections with the Foundation Center.Mr. Schladweiler will highlight the electronic and print resources available for your free use at the Norman Public Library, a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center. The training will cover the following areas:
Introduction to Finding Funders
Provides an introduction to the Foundation Center's comprehensive online database, Foundation Directory Online Professional. Learn how to create customized searches to develop targeted lists of foundations that will match your organization's funding needs. We will spend time exploring Power Search, which allows you to search across nine Foundation Center databases – grantmakers, grants, companies, 990s, news, jobs, RFPs, nonprofit literature, and PubHub reports.
Guide to Online Grantseeker Resources
We will introduce you to the resources available on the Foundation Center's newest web site for grantseekers, GrantSpace.org. GrantSpace, a service of the Foundation Center, offers information and resources that are specifically designed to meet the needs of grantseekers.
Proposal Writing Basics
Learn the key components of a proposal to a foundation. For those new to proposal writing, this class will cover:
• How the proposal fits into the overall grantseeking process
• What to include in a standard proposal to a foundation
• Tips for making each section of your proposal stronger
• What funders expect to see in your proposal and attachments
• Tips for communicating with funders during the grant process
• Additional resources on proposal writing, including sample proposals
Event Type(s): Cooking
Age Group(s): Adult
Presenter: Kief Scladweiler